Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crafty-ness…

Ok so I promised a little crafty-ness.. There hasn’t been much but here is what I have been up to..

2011-03-27 16.40.52

This paper Dahlia was one of the last things I did before the big move.. I saw it as a felt flower and thought I would try to make it from paper.. This is made from CTMH’s cardstock.. It was a lot of work but it is so pretty.. Well all except for the stapler holding it up that is…

Here’s how I did it…

2011-03-27 15.38.16

I cut the card stock into 3 different size squares.. 1 inch  1 1/4 inch  and 1 1/2 inch. I used about 20 of the 1 1/2 inch, 14 of the 1 1/4 inch, and 11 of the 1 inch. Then I cut them into this shape to form petals.. Not sure how to explain it, but this is what they look like..

2011-03-27 15.42.50

After they were all cut I inked the edges to give them some dimension.

Then I took a pencil and curled the petals around it to give them their shape.

I cut a 2 inch diameter circle to attach the petals on. I started on the outside and worked my way to the center. It took some time but with a lot of patience I was able to get it done. Once I had all the petals in place I made a simple spiral rosette for the center and added the bling.. I didn’t take pictures of the process.. I guess I was so lost in the doing of it.. sorry.. but you can see the original idea and tutorial here at HOLIDASH.COM

I had to change things a bit because I used paper and not felt but you can get the idea. I hope you like the idea and make one of your own! I may try it again with smaller petals to make a smaller flower.. or I might not… we shall see..

2011-03-27 16.38.332011-03-27 16.40.52

Next up… Mother’s day cards!

3 comments: